Friday, November 7, 2014
Reflection on Essay Presentation
I did not allocate much time for myself to memorise the script as I believed that I would have known the content of my presentation pretty well. I wanted to try to give a more natural presentation (i.e., not following my script format), and deliver the content accordingly to the slides. However, anxiety grew within me once the presentation started and I seem to lost control of myself. I admit, after I started referring to my script, I felt like I was kind of rushing through everything, hoping to finish the presentation and get over with it. I have learnt that preparation and rehearsal should always be done properly. Hope that this kind of disaster presentation would not happen again in the future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Loo Yong, for the very honest self assessment. I appreciate that. Let me say though that while the presentation might not have gone as planned, it was certainly a good learning experience for you. Take that as a huge positive.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes in future presentations!
There are many areas which you can improve on during your presentation. However, you can start with the little things such as building up your confidence. You could practice in front of the mirror and look at yourself in the eye to help raise the eye contact level. I believe with more practice you can pull of a curtain raising presentation
ReplyDeleteThanks for the feedbacks!! through these few lessons, I have learnt a lot about presentation which I believe would be of great help to me in the future!!
ReplyDeleteLooking at the script disconnected you from your audience. I think that was mentioned in class. Let work on that and do our best.
ReplyDelete